Sales Representative Job Description
We are a local Cheese Manufacturer seeking a full-time motivated and well-spoken Sales Representative to join our sales team. The Sales Representative will be responsible for developing new leads, communicating with customers, understanding their needs, and ensuring a smooth sales process. You should be able to close sales and meet customer needs.
- Must learn product knowledge in a timely manner.
- Provide support for members of the sales team.
- Establish professional customer/vendor relationships with appropriate customer personnel
- Review and Follow-Up on orders from existing and potential customers.
- Communicating with customers, making outbound calls to potential customers, and following up on leads.
- Understanding customers’ needs and identifying sales opportunities.
- Answering potential customers’ questions and sending additional information per email.
- Keeping up with product and service information and updates.
- Creating and maintaining a database of current and potential customers.
- Staying informed about competing products and services.
- Closing sales and achieving sales goals.
- Performs assigned duties as directed by supervisor with minimum supervision.
- A High school diploma/GED is required. Some College or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Sales experience would be a plus but not necessary
- Willing to Travel Overnight
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Must be accurate and pay attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and data input.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent phone calling skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000 annually to start with six-month review; then yearly review thereafter
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and 401K
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Must pass a background check and drug screen.