Figs in a Blanket
The combination of honey-glazed figs tucked into a buttery puff pastry blanket with the fruity, tangy notes of Reny Picot Camembert creates a fun hors d’oeuvre with a beautifully sophisticated flavor profile. But the best thing about this spectacular nibble is how easy it is to prepare and that it can all be done in advance.
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup raw honey
20-25 dried figs, halved
1 17-ounce box puff pastry, thawed
8 ounces Reny Picot Camembert
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Stir vinegar, honey, and 3/4 cup water in a pot.
- Add figs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until figs are soft and liquid is a syrupy consistency (about 5–10 minutes). Transfer figs to a plate to cool and set aside.
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl to create an egg wash.
- Roll each sheet of puff pastry into an 12×9 inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut pastry along the 12-inch side into 12 even strips. Cut each strip crosswise into pieces about 4 1/2-inches long.
- Scoop a small teaspoon of Reny Picot Camembert and press into cut side of a fig half. Place stuffed fig half in the center of a pastry strip. Brush one end of pastry with egg wash and roll to enclose. Transfer seam side down to baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients and brush top of each pastry with egg wash.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.