Fontina Foragers Frittata
Showcase your foraging skills in this quick and easy dish that succeeds in toeing the elusive line between practical and impeccable. When melted, Reny Picot Fontina adopts an earthy mushroom note and a fresh acidity that perfectly complements the springy flavors in this frittata.
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped asparagus (about 8 spears)
1 cup sliced mushrooms (preferably morels)
1 small bunch ramps, about 1/2 cup chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 cup Reny Picot Fontina, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and asparagus and cook about 5 minutes.
- Toss in the mushrooms and ramps and cook for another 3 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, whisk eggs in a bowl.
- Add thyme, salt, and pepper to whisked eggs.
- When the vegetables are beginning to soften, pour the eggs evenly over top.
- Once the edges start to firm up, transfer the skillet into the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the shredded Reny Picot Fontina cheese evenly on top and bake for another 3 minutes.