Gouda Apple Oatmeal Cookies
Cheese in cookies? Absolutely. Reny Picot Gouda brings an unexpected savory note to these perfectly sweet and perfectly salty cookies that also pack a surprise zing. When baked, the Gouda melts into a crisp, lacy fritter and crackles around the edges forming a really goud-a cookie to pack in a lunchbox or take on a trail hike.
2/3 cup coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1-2 apples (2 cups shredded)
4 ounces Reny Picot Gouda, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Whisk the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla together until completely combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, ginger, baking powder, salt, and oats.
- Use a grater to grate the apple directly into the dry ingredients, discarding the core. Stir in the apple and the chopped Gouda.
- Add the liquids and stir until just combined.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes before placing on cooling racks to cool completely.