Gouda Buttermilk Biscuits
What’s better than fluffy, tender, fresh-out-of-the-oven buttermilk biscuits? Fluffy, tender, fresh-out-of-the-oven buttermilk biscuits made butterier by melty shreds of Reny Picot Gouda.
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup grated Reny Picot Gouda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the butter and rub it into the flour using your fingertips, until the mixture becomes a fine, cornmeal-like crumble.
- Add the grated Gouda and toss to combine.
- Pour in the buttermilk and fold in gently with a spatula until mixture forms a sticky dough.
- Divide into 8 biscuits and drop onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.