Grilled Camembert with Fresh Cherries
Grilled Reny Picot Camembert topped with dark and juicy Michigan sweet cherries is the ultimate grilled treat for summer. It’s incredibly easy and makes for an impressively gooey last minute appetizer that everyone will be hovering over.
1 1/2 cups fresh Michigan cherries, pitted and halved
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
1 8 ounce wheel Reny Picot Camembert
1 baguette, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, for brushing
1/4 teaspoon flakey sea salt
- Pit and halve cherries and place in a saucepan with fresh herbs.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the cherries begin to release their juices, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Brush the wheel of Camembert and slices of baguette on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place Camembert in the center of the grill and surround with the baguette slices. Cover and grill about 2 minutes, until the bread is golden on the bottom. Flip both the bread slices and Camembert and grill about 2 minutes more. Be careful when flipping the Camembert, you do not want to break it open. Carefully remove wheel of Camembert and bread slices from the grill.
- Top grilled Reny Picot Camembert with the cherries and enjoy with grilled baguette.