Some people put ketchup on their eggs. Others, hot sauce. But if you’re looking for a truly bold start to your morning, grab a jar of kimchi. In this funkified omelette, Reny Picot Mantoro gets sprinkled on as soon as the eggs hit the skillet and crisps up along with the eggs to give you those cheesy, lacy bits and pieces. Keep it local with farm fresh eggs and Krauted Kitchen’s Red Dragon Kimchi.
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons Reny Picot Mantoro, shredded
1/4 cup kimchi, coarsely chopped
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl using a fork and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spray a medium skillet with nonstick spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add the eggs, swirling the pan to form an even layer. Immediately sprinkle the eggs with the cheese, followed by the kimchi.
- Let the eggs cook until the underside is browned and slightly puffed, but the top is still runny, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a spatula, lift the edge of the eggs all around the skillet to release and fold the omelette onto itself into a half moon.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cilantro and/or a drizzle of Sriracha if desired.