Mantoro Manzanilla Scones
Two Spanish-style ingredients team up to create an irresistible savory scone with a satisfyingly crumbly outside and tender inside. Between the flakey layers, Mantoro’s sweetness, saltiness, and nuttiness mingles with the sweetness, saltiness, and nuttiness of the Manzanilla olives for a match made in scone heaven.
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons butter, chilled
1/2 cup Reny Picot Mantoro, shredded
1/2 cup Manzanilla olives, chopped
1 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the cheese, olives, and milk and stir until just combined.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead lightly about four times.
- Pat dough into a circle about 3/4 of an inch thick.
- Using a small cup or a round cookie cutter cut out dough into circles and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, allowing enough space between for rising.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until scones are golden brown.