Mantoro-Stuffed Shishito Poppers
Get ready to take a gameday classic to the next level with Reny Picot Mantoro and perfectly poppable shishito peppers. Shishito peppers aren’t hot at all…most of the time. There are a few spicy interlopers in every batch of otherwise mellow peppers, but there’s no telling which ones. Roughly one pepper in every handful will buck the norm. They don’t reach even mild jalapeño heat, but it’s enough to catch you by surprise.
2 cups shredded Reny Picot Mantoro
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 scallions, sliced
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
30 shishito peppers
- Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat broiler to high.
- Combine Mantoro, yogurt, scallions, panko, and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Make a slit down one side of each shishito pepper and scrape out the seeds. Fill each with 1-2 teaspoons of the cheese mixture and close the pepper around it. Place cut-side up on a baking sheet.
- Broil until the peppers are starting to char and the cheese is melted, about 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve warm.