Prosciutto and Pineapple Grilled Brie
Reny Picot Brie went on tropical vacation and brought back a new sweet and salty recipe to add your cookout’s spread: pineapple-stuffed prosciutto-wrapped grilled Brie. The caramelized, almost bruléed sugars and smoky flavors created by grilling the pineapple squeezes yet another layer of flavor into an appetizer that has all the flavors and textures you could want in a single bite.
1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch rings
1 8-ounce wheel Reny Picot Brie
6-8 slices prosciutto
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Choose the pineapple ring closest in size circumference-wise to the wheel of Brie. Grill the pineapple ring, turning once, about 3 minutes per side or until lightly charred. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Cut the wheel of Reny Picot Brie in half horizontally. Then place the grilled pineapple ring on the cut side of one of the Brie halves. Place the other Brie half on top with the cut side touching the pineapple.
- Lay the prosciutto slices out on a work surface so they overlap in the middle and look like the spokes of a wheel.
- Place the Brie and pineapple round in the middle of the prosciutto and bring up one slice at a time to cover.
- Grill the prosciutto-wrapped Brie and pineapple about 3 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook 3 minutes more, until golden and crisp.
- Serve immediately with grilled baguette and/or crackers.