Smoky Mac & Cheese
There’s a time and a place for boxed mac and cheese—never and nowhere. Think outside the box and in about 30 minutes you could be staring at a big bubbling dish of gooey, molten mac and cheese. The smokiness from Reny Picot’s Smoked Gouda and the smoked paprika give this perfectly creamy baked mac and cheese a gourmet touch. All with the ease of cracking open a box and shaking out the foil packet.
16 ounce box elbow macaroni
1 1/2 cups milk
8 ounces Reny Picot Smoked Gouda, shredded or cubed
8 ounces Reny Picot Fontina, shredded or cubed
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
20 classic rich crackers, crushed
Possible add on: cooked bacon and sprinkle with chives
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large pot, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
- Stir in milk, cheeses, smoked paprika, and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir carefully.
- Sprinkle with crushed crackers and return to oven.
- Bake 5 minutes more or until crackers are browned.